Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I still exist.

I love teaching. 

I am a born teacher.

I love English, it makes me happy. 

Good lessons give me good energy. 

Excellent lessons put me on ten feet of air; I get inspired to write articles for the English Journal.

Teaching is exhausting, hence why nothing gets published further than a blog post. 

I like to compare aspects of teaching to the story of Adam naming the animals. 

I don't eat enough, sleep enough, exercise enough, see friends enough, relax enough... yet I've never been better. 

(The last statement was an exaggeration, except for the "I've never been better" part.)

I want to be a teacher for the rest of my life, and doggoneit, I didn't pay an arm and a leg at Calvin to get burned out after four years, so watch me teach till the day I die! ;) (In some capacity, at least!)

I don't know when to stop blogging sometimes.


Betsy


2 comments:

Cohrs Compilations said...

if you can keep things in perspective, learn that sometimes it's "good enough", not take things personally that kids say and remember to stop work and have a life-I think it's possible not to get burnt out. And you won't really get it until you enter your second year, but it's going to get betterand easier each year. While I anticipated better, I can't explain how much better till I entered the second year. Your brother and others tell me the feeling comes back even better every year!

Jewels said...

I'm glad you found something you love to do Betsy :) Keep it up.