Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love for Christ (apparently part 3 of these love-themed posts!)

It's hard for me to believe that I once couldn't bring myself to go to church on Sunday mornings. That just over a year ago, I had "gods" in my life that attempted to separate me from the One who loves me most. Now, here I am, completely enamored with the Church and the Christ who is the Head, and unbelievably welcomes me into a real Relationship with Him. Yes, it's messy. Yes, it's hard and the lines are sometimes blurred, but living in expectancy of His grace and goodness is so much better than living with expectations.

MCC has been one of the greatest gifts I have received from God. My brothers and sisters in Christ there are real people with real problems and also a real love for God. They have demonstrated true hospitality towards me, and in turn, it has overflowed from them to me and now from me to others. I love serving there. I am so thrilled to be a part of that community, and to be able to get involved in deeper ways all the time, esp for next summer! I have flourished and found joy again. I have accepted the forgiveness of Christ and the joy (after the Pain) is uncontainable. Just try and get me to hold still while I sing there! ;)

I can hardly believe the changes in my own person. I still have the same struggles, and it's pretty clear when I look at my life that I have stuff to deal with yet, but I am so different all the same. I am the member of the Body that I have longed to be. Broken as I am, I've found that the weak ARE able to lead the strong. I have found that Christian community is deeply satisfying in a way that I had been very skeptical of before. God is so good to me. His faithfulness endures.

Betsy

No comments: