Saturday, February 14, 2009

love stories.


five years ago today, i met my first boyfriend. his name is jordan.
he now lives in tulsa, happily in a relationship with someone else.
we spent three valentine's days together.


two years ago today, i was not on a date with a brand new boyfriend. we went out with friends who needed our love more, and that was a good memory. (we went out the following weekend.) his name is eric.
he is at calvin, too. he is now happily in a new relationship with someone else.

when i think back to the men in my life-- all of them, from high school crushes, all my four different kissers, to long-distance-long-term relationships, to summer daydreams and significant coffee dates (at least in my mind), friendly dates and hopeful glances-- it's quite the variety. my men have been quite the unconventional types.

my love story is not turning out how i thought it would five, four, three or two years ago, or even one year ago. but that's okay. it's better. my heart is better attuned to who the Lord is calling me to love, and I wouldn't trade the deep love of Jesus for anything. :)

it was strange, though, to spend today as a truly single woman, unattached and available. it was quite unromantic. my mom did give me some new fun jewelry, though! and candy hearts (even though i don't like candy hearts... oh well.) i watched tv. there were a few valentine's day episodes on, which were cute. and my mom and stepdad went out for dinner while i ate chicken nuggets. not so bad, really. i did talk to jordan for a few minutes via fb, which was really good for me. we've all changed so much, for the better, for the stronger and wiser. :) i can only wonder what my next valentine's day will be like. where in the world will i be? who will i know? what will i do? i guess i just have to keep up the adventure of my life to find out.


<3 betsy

No comments: